- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 TBS chopped cilantro
- juice of one lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1/4 cup diced pickled red onion
- white corn tortillas
- greens of your choice
- sriracha or salsa
- vegan nacho cheese sauce
- Pierce sweet potato and microwave on high for 4 minutes or until just starts to soften. Remove from microwave and cool until able to handle. Peel of skin and dice potato.
- In a saucepan, combine sweet potato and next 6 ingredients and heat through until sweet potato is soft.
- Heat tortillas in 375 degree oven, or in a skillet over medium heat.
- Assemble tacos – place greens on tortilla, top with a generous spoonful of bean and sweet potato mixture. Add corn, then pickled red onions(to pickle, pour apple cider vinegar over onions and let them sit for at least 30 minutes). Top with diced avocado, vegan nacho cheese sauce, and sriracha or salsa, then serve!
A plant-based spin on some classic Mexican ingredients for your next Taco Tuesday!