- 1 cup of dried green lentils
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes – the ones dried in a bag, not the ones jarred in oil, chopped
- 1/4 diced red onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- oil-free hummus
- greens, whatever kind you fancy
- 6 whole grain 10-inch wraps
- Prepare the lentils. Combine lentils and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet combine the next 7 ingredients and cook until tender, adding a splash of vegetable broth or water as needed to prevent sticking. When lentils are ready, add to skillet and mix well.
- Spread a tablespoon of hummus on each wrap. Top this with a bed of greens of your choosing. Add a couple of heaping tablespoons of lentil mixture and roll up.
I like to serve this alongside a Strawberry Spinach Salad. Packed with nutrients and protein, this makes for a delicious, filling and healthy lunch!