Roasted Red Pepper & Cauliflower Soup
- 2-3 cups chopped roasted red peppers, from a jar
- 2 boxes of vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower
- 1-2 whole carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1 TBS mined garlic
- 1 TBS turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425, or an air fyer to 400 using the bake setting. Cut 1/2 of a head of cauliflower into steaks, lay on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Chop up one head of cauliflower, place into a stock pot with vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes until cauliflower has started to soften.
- Place the 1/2 head of cauliflower into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or put into the air fryer for about 5-7 minutes, checking every couple of minutes.
- While cauliflower is roasting, add remaining ingredients to the pot and cook through until softened.
- Turn off heat, and use an immersion blender to blend the vegetables until smooth. It should look like tomato soup. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can place in a blender, but will need to cool a bit first.
- Dish the soup into bowls, top with roasted cauliflower, and serve with a wedge of garlic toast. Delish!