Veggie Couscous Salad
- 8oz package of pearl couscous
- 8 – 10 asparagus spears, cut into thirds
- 1 bell pepper, large diced
- 4 – 5 radishes, sliced thin
- 3 – 4 baby bella, or crimini, mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups organic kale, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 2-3 lemons
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook couscous according to package directions, then refrigerate while finishing other steps.
- Cut asparagus and flash steam in a skillet for just a few minutes, then chill with couscous.
- Chop all other vegetables and combine in a large bowl. Add the chilled couscous and asparagus.
- Season with all seasonings and finish off with lemon juice
It really is as simple as that! I intended to roast some sweet potatoes to put in it too but I forgot, despite them sitting out next to me on the prep table! Instead I diced and roasted some regular potatoes to put alongside the salad in the meal prep containers. I’ve uncovered some very compelling evidence that we are “starchivores” at our core, and starchy vegetables definitely seem to keep me full longer, so I’m all for adding some potatoes to my lunch.
I hope you enjoy!